To be eligible for referral through the scheme, the request should be for one of the following:
- assistance with household chores or building maintenance;
- provision of professional services;
- personal support or assistance following a tragedy, emergency or disaster (including assistance with fundraising);
- visitation of vulnerable Old Boys, including in their own homes, to check they are safe and well;
- visitation of Old Boys resident in aged care facilities who are socially isolated or lonely;
- general assistance of disabled or physically disadvantaged Old Boys, including with recreational outings; or
- any other request considered appropriate by the sub-committee, or the Committee of the Association, at any time.
There are requests which the Association cannot accept for referral. These include:
- requests for direct financial assistance (ie loans); or
- any other request as deemed inappropriate by the sub-committee, or the Committee of the Association, at any time.